View Single Post

I haven't had any problems with the sticky stuff yet. That is the correct polyfoam Merv. What I did was to cut one piece about four inches too long and then spread the slit open and lightly stick it onto the top and side of the IC. Then cut another piece on a connecting side that is also too long. Since the pieces are round and not quite at a 90 angle you must eyeball the miter or corner cut. Cut one piece at a 45 degree end and then cut the adjoining piece and trial fit it to the other 45 deg. cut. Work your way around the IC and when you are done use some black weather strip glue on each corner and the put tape around the whole thing until it sets up. The original glue on the insulation is not meant to hold against metal so you will have to decide what type of glue to use. I used the same weather stripping glue. Now when you close the lid there is a tight seal with the IC and no air goes around the IC. Please note, this is not a concours mod. It works well and when it needs to be replaced due to damage or werar, it will cost you another $10! Not many P-car mods for that kind of money.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)