View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I know "Ford" doesn't make its own injectors which is why I called them Bosch Ford. I'm certainly not picking at anything, like many components there are only a few makers. Are all injectors spec'd the same indifferent to the auto manufactor they are intended? So was Honda wasting time.....I don't know, but I saw the test photos so it was tested. There was certainly a difference even among say a pintle design to a pintle design.

There was just two statements that I was trying to clarify above.

*Certain pumps like "Walbro" that don't function/last at high fuel pressure loads that many Porsche guys like to run.

*"CIS has higher system-pressure than EFI. CIS uses something like 7-8 bar and EFI uses 4-5 bar"

I was just trying to clarrify this. Sure MSII is open format and you can just about make anything work. I know that some cars run much higher fuel pressures. I also know that several people have opted to go with the Ford Bosch injector due to availability and cost in USA in the TBitz style kits. So I was simply touching on the fact that these may not require a pump to maintain the 4-5bar pressure that is in question.

I was simply bringing up some points to think about. No debate request.

Could just be me misreading the above. Maybe if I didn't make sense of it others didn't.

Good day
Old 11-29-2006, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)