View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by adomakin
nice one Merv! just one question-is 1.25 bar safe for these engines? im assuming that 1.25 is just for them short blats?
That's exactly what I'm going to ascertain when I get her on the dyno to verify my mixtures are in check at that boost level.

The high-po guys like Juan Ruiz and Mike Rombotis have been running those boost levels (or more) on pump grade 93 or 94 octane fuel without any dramas. That's on their EFI'd cars, like mine, and have countless drag race events under their belts

Mind you, I don't think it's wise to run that sort of boost on a track, but for pure street which only sees occassional full boost bursts, I don't think it's an issue. Again, the dyno will verify if all is OK.

For me, 1.1bar is plenty powerful. Might just bump it up to 1.25 when I demo the car for joy rides

Edit: Mike was able to run 1.55bar/22psi on pump grade 94 octane fuel in his TT Carrera. The result? 661crank HP & 675tq If he can run that kind of boost safely on pump fuel, I'm sure 17-18psi would be OK
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 11-30-2006 at 07:59 PM..
Old 11-30-2006, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)