View Single Post
Admiral Obvious...

I didn't read all of the posts, here. FWIW, I have an '87 930 that is my daily driver, which includes dropping my nine year old son off at school every morning. And when my four year old daughter starts kindergarten, she'll be making the commute in it, too!

It took a little bit to get the car sorted out, but she's been good to me. I'd drive this beast any where! I built a new engine for it, and it's scary fast. I've even removed the AC and run a "zork" tube straight exhaust pipe on it! Needless to say, the car is far from practical, but every day that I leave my office and see it waiting there for me, I know that at this point in my life, there is no other car for me.

The 965 (964 Turbo) is indeed a better car - in the great scheme of things. The tranny is better, the suspension is better, better turbo, better I/C, fully finned cylinders, and I'm told the AC is better...although I have my doubts about the AC. However, I just love the looks of the 930. And to be honest, most 930s (by now) have had a lot of the engine "upgrades" performed (or at least comarable) to what a typical 965 has. Also, the prices were a lot higher for decent 965s when I was looking.

It's really tough to say. I have no regrets with my 930...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 12-02-2006, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)