View Single Post

Nathan,
I was burned on ebay by a guy who was selling GPS units. He used the factory info sheet from Garmin and looked like he was an established dealer. He had many happy customers and it all looked legit. It wasn't! His Happy customers were his friends who had ordered $1 items from him to build up a profile. He took about ten of us for about $500 each. Good old ebay could not have cared less. They eventually paid me $275 which is their normal insurance on any transaction other than a big ticket item like a car which can go all the way up to, are you ready for this, $20,000!!!! I bought a set of cup 2 wheels from a guy and made him send me one front and one rear each time for one half of the total. He wasn't happy but I explained that I had been taken and he was more understanding. Most of us are honest people and this forum should help persuade people to buy from someone who has an item for sell, but on ebay you are really hanging it out. Ebay has an escrow service but it is so expensive that most items are no longer a good buy. If any of us have had good experience with a seller on this forum, we should recommend him to the group.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)