View Single Post
River Rat

AFR Sensor Location

I currently have an Innovate LC-1 wideband sensor with XD-16 gauge. The sensor is mounted upstream from the turbo in the left header collector. This is not a location recommended by the manufacturer, due to high pressure conditions caused by the turbo and extreme heat that will reduce the life of the sensor. In addition, I'm not confident that the AFR values are accurate, which may be a result of the current location of the sensor. I've scheduled some time on a dyno next week and they will be placing a sensor up my tailpipe (i know, i know) and hopefully I can at least set my AFR @ 12.0 - 12.2.

So here's my question, if the folks dynoing my car just place their sensor up my tailpipe, why can't I have a bung welded on my tailpipe and insert the sensor? Seems logical to me ... What do you folks think?

Regards, Dave
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)