View Single Post

My 930 had a BBM front air dam on it when I bought it, which I subsequently damaged in an encounter with a storm drain. I liked the looks of it, and wanted another one. A search here turned up some horror stories, so I callled BBM and had a long talk with them, being sure I got the full name of the guy I was talking to. They assured me they had the dam in stock and shipping would be prompt. I sent them a postal money order via certified mail, and received the dam about a week later, so shipping was pretty good, and it arrived undamaged. It fit the car fine with no issues other then you have to drill your own holes, and fab your own screen for the oil cooler. It appears to solidly made, not flimsy appearing. My body guy said the surface finish was "average", requiring some prep work, but not a huge amount. I'm adding a fluidyne oil cooler, reworking the oil lines, and taking off the AC condenser, so the install has taken a while, but it's supposed to get painted this week.

Overall I was satisfied, but I took extra precaution because of the poor reports and cash in advance policy.

John
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)