View Single Post

Yeah, I ran an 11.8 at 120 mph at englishtown the first time I went out. I pulled a 12.2 at 118 the first two run with bogging it off the line, trying to get used to that type of launch. But the Thing that was something to laugh about was when I went back the next time, and was all ready to really take a good stab at it, pulled up , did a burnout, staged, and then held the revs at 4500, with the clutch a tad bit engaged so I had a fair amoutn of boost built, with my toe on the brake holding it, and my heel on the gas pedal, and when the tree went down I just let it go and went to WOT , and the RPMs went crazy bouncing off the rev limiter, and the motor was popping and the wastegate was wide open, yet I walked off the line at a pace you could run faster than, and as the 1993 Honda civic I was running against putted away to do his 14 second pass, and the cockpit filled with smoke and this burning smell of onions and clutch, I knew I went a tad too hot with it. The clutch was done, everytime I got back on the gas, the revs would shoot up and the car would keep lollying along with the clutch slipping. And of course on the drive home, an rt 9, this gido in a Z06 comes up next to me al lurching his car like he wants to play, and all I could do was laugh and shrug. Damn stock clutches.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)