View Single Post
Me like track days

I never said they are the same compound.
------------
Blues are currently a different animal than in the distant past. Word directly from Pagid is this:

The RS4-2's (blues) are VERY CLOSE to the RS4-4 (oranges); don't mistake them for Sport pads (dark blue). They are the Rally compound (light blue) & totally interchangeable with the RS4-4. Not all are made in both compounds. Europe still uses RS4-2 extensively & more predominantly than the RS4-4.

In America, we have mostly superceded RS4-2 to RS4-4 except in instances like these that more of the RS4-2's are in use & they then stop making RS4-4. They are an excellent exchange (almost perfectly even exchange in performance- & the same price) as the RS4-4 orange.
------------
Cold squeal isn't a known issue with Pagid Oranges.

Pad deposition typically happens with oranges usually in one or two cases - small brakes undergoing hard use. ie Early 911 or 911SC brakes - and sometimes 1984-1989 Carrera brakes. An old compound, lower cost than the yellows by 30+%. I do not recommend oranges for smaller brakes for experienced track use.

Yellows almost always squeal horrendously on the street.
Numerous customer feedback as well as personal experience show that dogs from miles around may hear these pads...

Cold stopping typically requires slightly harder pedal pressures
They are a metallic/ceramic pad, the oranges are an organic.
By far, my choice and what I sell the most of and use on my 930.
Higher price, longer life, & a better pure track pad than any other IMO.
You get what you pay for.

Back to his original question: Again, Pagids moght be considered overkill for street only use.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)