View Single Post

"The N-75 has a few variants that define the responsiveness of the solenoid to the voltage signal. N-75C, N-75F, N-75H and so on. Slow response variants cause higher boost spikes at partial throttle. Faster response will be lower and smoother at PT."

Tsuter,

I'm not sure which variant I have. But my concern was not about boost spikes or transients related to the solenoid valve, it's about steady state boost level. I don't recall seeing any boost spikes from the valve, and even if they were there, they would have been short lived. What I was trying to do was restrict steady state boost so that I had much less than full boost when I was much less than full throttle. I don't know why I (or anyone) would ever want full boost at anything less than full throttle. But I definitely get full boost way before full throttle. Or at least, I get way more boost than I want or can use. Accurate control of the wastegate -- and ultimately boost level -- (especially with a big turbo like mine) may not be easy to do with any type of available hardware or tuning regimen. If anyone has any ideas, I'm very open to hearing them.

Rob
Old 12-09-2006, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)