View Single Post

Rudy,

The driver-selected boost you describe is sort of what I'm talking about, though it would really be a crude solution to have to push a button to raise the boost. I'm looking for a "smarter" automated system, based on thottle position, that limits boost below full throttle. Funny, I guess what I'm really looking for is a normally aspirated engine! Or at least, I want to see how closely I can simulate the linear throttle characteristics of an N/A engine, while still having the huge torque benefit of a turbo engine.

Nathan,

Thanks. I can check with Neil or M42 Racer to see if they've come up with anything like this. I've been following the Rennlist board for years and I've never seen a discussion about this topic. I'll look again, and/or I'll check with Neil.

I would think that if this kind throttle-position-based torque control could be exerted over a turbo system, then everyone would want to have it. My guess is that it can't be practically accomplished with a traditional turbo/wastegate/controller system or it would have been done long ago.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)