View Single Post

Turbo to Muffler....has someone monkeyed with my nuts?

OK, I am changing my setup over the winter.
I pulled the rear bumper yesterday, and I went to loosen the nuts from the turbo to the muffler.
83, Euro turbo.
Front 2 nuts (facing me) are 17mm, and I got them loose easily.
Rear 2 nuts are 15mm?? Was that normal? Top one, no problem....bottom inside one....problem. I am using a standard socket with a swivel adapter.....looks like I need some sort of low profile socket to get a decent grip on that nut, or I will have to cut off the factory exhaust pipes from the can......
Seeing as I am a newbie, and I want to change the turbo, wastegate, muffler and IC......I am hoping that I have not bitten off more than I can chew here.....

Any advice? I have searched extensively.
I am trying to not even stress about the BOV removal and minor plumbing changes I have to make when installing the new IC.....

BTW
parts going on.....
Tial 46mm waste gate with straight pipe and .9 bar spring
KKK K27 7200 turbo
B&B or GHL SS muffler.....(not sure, no markings, used, definitely for turbo, got it for a song....)
Blownsix half bay IC kit (I have been assured fitment issues are dealt with), new production run, made last week.......

I did get the K27 adapter from Imagine Auto, so I think I will be in decent shape if I can get the damn muffler off of the car.....
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)