View Single Post

If I were you, and I was a year ago, I would get or borrow an LM-1 to measure the AFR at WOT, (Wide open throttle), as you modify your car. Then each time you change something, you can retest to see if your AFRs are ok. I added a B&B IC, K27 turbo, headers and a mechanical two position boost controller. Today, road testing my car without doing anything to the WUR or fuel head and with the boost set at the one bar position, I had an AFR of 12.3 at WOT and 6000 rpm. I don't think you will need the fuel mod or the adj. WUR unless you do more to your engine. Maybe with the K27 HF or what ever the latest version is, you might go lean at full one bar boost and WOT but thats why you need an LM-1. Infact, now that I have one I was wondering if we might work out a system where you guys could rent it from me and keep it for a while then return it for the next guy to use. I was going to mount it permanently but have decided against it. You only need it about twice a year or after any enginge mods, for street use. What do you guys think?
Old 12-13-2006, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)