Thread: Simple Bolt-ons
View Single Post
River Rat

Quote:
Originally posted by e170drvr
Thanks for the reply guys. I don't know what that line is. the car is stock 87. cat sits on top of the muffler, and it is a small diameter pipe that is welded to the cat. I don't think it is the o2 sensor, I thought that was on the other side of the car near the wastegate. Forgot to mention, the only mod the car had when I bought it was an Andial intercooler. Do you guys know if this IC would be adequate, or should I upgrade.
The first mod I did to my 86 was the Andial IC ... intercoolers are cheap insurance for any turbo motor. Next set of mods included k27-7200, GHL single-out muffler and 1 bar spring ... wow, lots of power now. Last set of mods included B&B headers w/heat, fuel head mod, Tial w/.9 bar ... biggest improvement wrt seat of the pants dyno. IMO the headers were a huge improvement in performance. I also have an EBC in order to select two different boost settings, .9 for the track and 1.0 for the street.

Long story short, do the full exhaust, change out the turbo, add 1.0 bar spring and VERIFY your AFR numbers are ~12.2 on full boost before unleashing the monster.

Regards, Dave
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)