View Single Post
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
ok heres the scoop,I looked at every classified in the country looking for a 911 turbo. I really wanted anything past 1978, I was told if I ever bought a 911 to buy a 1978 or higher because the motors were bulletproof. (this was 20 years ago when I was 1st starting off as a mechanic) Originally I was gonna get a 86 from GAD that had a engine fire for 17.5 but when I Icalled back to make the deposit he sold it from under me.(I was destroyed,ask my wife)I started hitting ebay again local classified and i stumbled across the 86. I was looking at the 86, car looked good and I was interested . Below the 86 was a 1980 for 22k I started checking it out and and the pictures really sucked, I contacted the owner and request the pics and he sent them and the car was pretty damn nice.Started e-,mailing the owner and picking his brain, he was 3rd owner it did have a hot start issue (which I think is the fuel accumulator or check valve in the pump)
radio is inop which i really dont give a rats ass about paint was original interior was nice and was garage kept.then he was having 2nd thought ,he really loved the car and didnt want to part w/it but hated watching it sit in his garage.Iwas going thru the same deal ,I put my 93 vr6 SLC corrado mint shape even with 140k on the odometer and I also put a 86 GTi that im 90% converting to vr6 abs 5 lug suspension .....all on the block.Then my wife talked me down (God I love her).so he came to his senses and decided to sell. I went thru a run around with capital 1 auto loan (they blow I hope the place burns to the ground . but the owner started getting antsy so I started ling up the 86 but we got all the papers straight and my cars getting ready to ship
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 12-20-2006, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)