View Single Post

With such a low spring rate, that's normal that the boost adjustment value will be relatively low and not too far from zero. The warning mode does limit boost in a sense. Basically, if you hit the warning mode, the display flashes and will make a beeping sound, then it will default to wastegate spring pressure. I guess it is similar in that regard to the 944 Turbo's stock boost control setup. Just make sure to set the warning level a little bit above your max desired boost pressure, such as ~.6 or .65 psi if your max desired is 5psi, etc. This does not technically limit your max boost however. It is still possible that if certain things occur, theoretically speaking, that you could see a momentary boost spike well over your warning level. The EBC cannot eliminate this, it can only default to WG spring pressure to prevent it from happening again. Also, sorry if I'm stating the obvious but, make sure the EBC is set to "external" mode (as in external WG). Yep, I made that mistake before! Talk about quick boost response (AKA 100% closed WG!)
Old 12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)