View Single Post

Hey Tsuter, I didn't realize you're in SA?! I live/work here in SA now. It's a small world I guess. Also, the 2.3bar thing was purely a hypothetical scenario. I wasn't implying it's a good idea for anyone. It was just an example.

Craig, but has anyone determined the actual cause of the boost creep? I've seen alot of people blame it on the Tial wg itself as if it is some poorly designed unit. This couldn't be farther from the truth. In reality, there is just some sort of issue with those headers that doesn't lend itself to working well with the Tial. I'll say from my experience, I had a perfectly good working 930 WG, that was recently rebuilt, on my Carrera for awhile. I switched to a Tial 46 and noticed a substantial and worthwhile improvement. Spool between gearchanges was significantly improved. Before it would take a second or 2 to spool back up between gears. Also, the overall boost threshold was lowered by a good ~500rpm if not more and full boost comes in at about the same ~500rpm sooner. I have Billet Design headers though, and I don't see any boost creep so technically it's not really comparable to the B&B's. Anyways, I'm not suggesting there isn't a problem. There obviously is, and it's obvious that it might not be the best idea to use a Tial on the B&B's until someone figures this issue out. My only point is that there is nothing wrong with Tial WG's.

Hasn't someone tried modding the B&B wg pipe to correct this problem? I could of sworn I remember reading about someone doing this in some forum?
Old 12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)