Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post

Garage
I am in Japan on work at the moment and will be back to Singapore in mid Jan, and will get more details. I saw the car about 2 weeks ago and seemed pretty clean. According to the dealer, the car was recently rebuilt by Ruf Singapore. The car has been modified, it has a different intercooler and exhaust from the stock 930s, also has a new interior from a 965 (I think). I have seen 2 such slope noses around Singapore since the late 1980s. One of them has either been crashed or exported and this is the other. I did a bit of searching and came up with this.

"Since 1981 the 'Flat Noses' had been built by the Zuffenhausen repair department. But only in 1987 the Flat Nose was officially listed as an option for the Turbo. Only very few were built by the factory. About 80% of the Flat Noses are 'fake'. Early Flat Noses had the headlights mounted in the front wing, while later models were equipped with folding headlights. Behind the bumper and additional oil-cooler was placed. A total 236 were built between 1982 and 1987."

and the only other pic I could find of a similar car.

I have also seen a similar slope nose being sold in Germany some time ago, for quite a princely sum.

I am hoping this was one of the first few slopes built as part of the "Special Wishes Program", granted it aint the prettiest Porsche, but would be nice to own a piece of history and it is slightly more expensive than a normal 930.

Any info you can provide would be great!

Thanks for everything.
MB - 07 ML350
Old 12-29-2006, 01:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)