Thread: Slant Nose
View Single Post
Below is what is described as the first Flatnose...owned by Pelican "Rose" from Ireland.

"Info Update as follows; now have in my possession letter from Porsche AG confirming date of manufacture as June 1980. Went straight from factory to "special wishes" and was registered in October 1980 as a turbo S 330 hp. I know your'e all going to tell me the Red Book and others say the first was made in July 1981 but somehow when the information was being gathered this car had slipped away. It has some 935 guages riginal led boost and speedo rated to 340 Klm. "

" You must remember that when this car was specially commissioned back in 1980 the " Sonderwunsch" or "Special Wishes" program was only an idea. There were no official option lists available at Werk 1. At this time Porsche were celebrating winning LeMans again and people like the original owner of this car were putting pressure on Porsche to make a road going 935 lookalike. If you had the cash they would make anything you wanted. This car cost almost a $100K back then which was the reason there were so few of them made. I really still can't fathom out how they charged so much over the the stock 930. Another thing about this particular car is that when it was first ordered it left the factory as silver in color and the owner took it back to "Special Wishes"a few years later to have it painted the current color 717-9-3 Montogosh Metallic. This was a complete stripdown job again and the pervious owner has told me that this was the only 911 ever to be officially painted this color. If you check you will see its not listed except for 924 & 944. Last year I removed the original front and rear spoiler and bolted on the current setup, I think you will agree it now looks more like a 935. When "Special Wishes" were finished with the car the placed a special porsche emblem on the dash with the code G/S/A-0/13/31. Porsche have said in their letter that decoding of this is as follows: The first and third letters were the initials of the original owner, the S for the extra modifications 330Hp. The number are an internal porsche code at special wishes. Here is a pic of the crest. Hope this fills you in a little."

The later US Flatnose cars all had round headlights installed in the pop up mechanism.

These front spoilers are said to be hand made by Porsche early on. That could be true but many, many aftermarket knock-offs were produced.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)