View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
As the guys on Rennlist have suggested the shortened G50 is quite expensive to get in her without tub modifications.

I understand that you really don't wish to modify the engine radically, but why not consider bolt-ons that don't effect durability like exhaust? I'd think about changing the diff if your wanting faster accleration if you don't need the gear spread for mileage of the G50. Some have also warned in the past that the g50 isn't the ideal gear spread for a turbo in its NA USA setup. I've also heard many that claim a G50 is inferior in torque capability to the 930, though this shouldn't be an issue in an unmodified 930.

Sure you could then and therefore go with a G50/52 turbo tranny but now you've up'd the cost a few thousand more likely to source. G50's are also more costly to build so make sure you source a good one or you may have bitten the hand that feeds you.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)