View Single Post
Banned

Not a popular place to put one, but I put one in the rear trunk. I like to use the front one for storage/luggage, as it is the only one that still locks.

I cut a hole over the transxle, mounted the combination cooler and a fan. The fan kicks on at 100C/212/F and blows down over the transaxle. I was able to find a Bosch/Porsche oil cooling unit. Aase Brothers tossed it in with the deal when I bought the 3.0 for my conversion.

Advantages, out of the way of the rocks, good ventilation, no preheating the intake air, out of sight and easily acccesible, VERY short oil lines.

Cons-your top can get a little hot when stored back there and the engine is run hard. But it's been there two years, no warpage and the headliner has not stripped off.

Wherever you put it. Don't forget to get a good oil temp gauge with matching sender. There is danger in being too cool. If you do not maintain normal operating temp., you can start to develope sludge. You might also want to consider an inline thermostat. A slug of cold oil can burst an aftermarket oil cooler.

Good Luck

[This message has been edited by mikeyz (edited 06-24-99).]
Old 06-24-1999, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)