View Single Post

Juan Ruiz built a monster single Turbo motor from his 3.2 Carrera donor engine and I'm pretty sure he was up there in terms of HP. He drag raced that thing countless times! His motor was built for it

If I were you, I'd start with a NA 3.6 motor and twin turbo it with a pair of nice Garrett Ball Bearing turbos. Already has EFI, knock sensing, twin plugged heads etc. Rebuild it using quality components/fasteners, flame ring the heads/liners and go aftermarket EFI. I think 700 crank HP would be attainable reliably with 3.8 Turbo P&C's @ 1.25bar.

For ultimate response at those power levels, twin turbo is your only solution IMO.

Personally, I'd use a 964 or 993 as the donor car. I wouldn't use an earlier chassis. You also have the better coil over suspension in those cars.
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 01-08-2007 at 02:32 PM..
Old 01-08-2007, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)