Thread: Cold rattle?
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank@AMS
Nothing to fix, thats completely normal. When you first start the engine, the pistons and rings are cold. When the pistons and rings are cold, the metal is contracted. As you progressively warm up the motor, the pistons and rings will expand, and then the noise goes away. Most people refer to this as piston slap, im guessing that this is the rattle that your speaking of.
Thanks Frank. Yup, that's the noise I speak of. I haven't heard it over the last few days as it's been quite warm down here, so it definitely sounds like a heat related issue.

Mind you, *IF* I ever have to replace the P&C's, I think I'd opt for some nice 3.4 P&C's next
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)