View Single Post

Bumper is off of the car.....

and the muffler is off of the car now too.....I need some time to take a few photos and post them here. I was told that I would not have any issues fitting the Tial 46mm wastegate. That was not accurate. I had to trim the fins on one side to get it to fit, there was no other way. Also, I can't, for the life of me, get any tool, wrench, spanner or stubby socket to reach the rear nut holding the oil feed line to the turbo, no matter how hard I try.
I think I will get the dremel out, and a hacksaw, and see if I can get the bolts off, to remove the turbo. Unfortunately, that won't be for a while, I am away until next week now.
I have the Tial installed, the IA billet valve covers installed, and I have a beautiful new K27 waiting, and a new muffler, and a new B6 IC.......just need to get the turbo in, so I can do the rest......
I haven't been rushing it, or impatient though. I may very likely call you once I get the turbo off, to help with the install, especially of the IC, and removing the old BOV assembly....I really am a little leary of making a mistake there, and then blowing up the car after all the work and money........
I seem to go at it in spurts when I am motivated, but I have been dealing with some personal issues too, so the car has been sitting for a few weeks now. I will give it another dousing of PB blaster tonight as I fly by, and then try next week one more time before I cut them off.......
Thanks for the response, and you too Nathan......I will try to post a few pics next week.
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)