View Single Post

Mark,

I will call you when I get to it........I figured if I could get the 4 bolts off that hold the turbo on, I could move it 2 or 3 mm to get clearance for the oil line.......I have tried a similar tool to the one shown, but not that actual one, so perhaps I will try that too.
Blows me away how tight everything is.....like the oil trap and line from the turbo.....man that thing is in there with no room to spare.
I am sure the Euro headers are different. The pipe coming from my headers to the turbo, with the wastegate is a monster......and definitely I had to trim the fins on the Tial, but no harm done.....I took my time, mm by mm and it fits nicely. Will look awfully trick back there once everything is on though. I figured my worst case scenario would be removing the bolts from the headers to the collector, and pulling the whole mess off in one piece.....but I am trying to avoid that.
What I am really worried about is getting everything tightened properly afterwards. Especially getting the muffler bolted back up....I think that will be the hardest part. For a job that requires a total of 12 or 16 nuts to be removed, it's a bear......My bike sure was easy to work on.......in hindsight.....
Thanks for the offer of help, I will take you up on it, and I know you want to be there for IC installation so you can have a practice run before your car's turn......I will call.

Thanks, have a great weekend.

Mark
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)