View Single Post

yup, a check. He had a 100% score w/ 36 reviews at the time. Then today I get an email from ebay warning that he has been suspended.

I figured he didn't want to deal w/ paypal fees. He even had a "storefront" description saying that this was his side business and had lots of parts available. There was even a positive review from someone in the Southwest saying that the wheels they bought were awesome. Maybe that was just a friend of his. And on further exploration of his 100% positives, turns out that 99% were for <$1 books, a few positives were blocked from view, listed as private. Finally, I didn't notice that he was only active since November.

Other lessons learned- google mapping the address that I sent the check to was clearly not a residence. It looks like a big parking lot, in a business district on the corner of NE Bothell and 68th Ave NE. I should have also cancelled my check immediately when he said they came off of his 1990 930. (doesn't exist. wonder if he knew that)

Anyhow, my trusting nature got me this time.

Now I'm trying to figure out what to do.......... if anything can be done.
former Tony//Kart shifterkart owner
Old 01-13-2007, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)