Thread: 3.6 lbs/hp
View Single Post

3.6 lbs/hp

15 x 10, 15 x 14 wheels, under 1500 lbs...

This very car, the red one on the home page, was going to be mine. This was before the turbocharging and the power to weight ratio wasn't quite what I had set as my benchmark at the time, but things have changed!

O.K. it's not a 930, it's not even a Porsche engine, but it is the sincerest form of flattery in appearance, and pretty cool....

" 1/12/07

We brought the D962R Turbo to the dyno Friday, to get figures on the final turbo production setup. We made some changes, including going with an external wastegate, a Tial 44mm unit, with a 8.6 psi spring. This would prevent any boost creep, and allow us to better control the boost over the standard 28mm internal wastegate.

In addition, we replaced the stock plastic intake with a fabricated aluminum piece that should allow better breathing for the ports.

In our first dyno run, the D962R Turbo developed 358.8 hp at 8000 rpm, and was still climbing- this is horsepower to the wheels! That translates to 410 hp at the crank. The power was incredible; the torque curve was actually a shelf, at a peak of 238 ft/lbs. The second run was an exact duplicate of the first, and we wrapped things up and returned to the shop.

We have changed the halfshafts to solid 300m units (300,000 psi), the same as the Champ cars use. In addition, we have beefed up the upper rear suspension, and changed the brake rotors to precision curved vane rotors.

We are now in the process of getting the custom intercoolers, turbo exhaust, and aluminum intakes produced. We should be able to deliver the first Turbo D962Rs in March.

In the meantime, we will be racing this coming weekend at Sebring, 1/19-21, with PBOC. It is the biggest weekend of the year in Florida, attracting racers from around the country, including many professionals who use the weekend for as testing for the 12 Hour race.

The following weekend we will be at Moroso, with NASA.

Regards,

Chris Diasio"

Here's the site;

www.diasio.com
Bullet Racing #22 GT3 Cup
Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)