View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by WydRyd
You can't go wrong for the price! Even if they do develop cracks a couple years down the track, just buy a new set

I've got the GSF/Schnells on my car and they looked great and work perfectly fine for my street rocket. Only time will tell how durable they are, but for the price I paid for them, who cares! I'll just trash them and buy a new set. Competition in the aftermarket go-fast arena is a good thing, for us

Keep us posted, Luke

As for the 304 vs 321 debate... a very reputable Porsche tuner told me 321 tends to get brittle over time and develop cracks quicker than 304, but stays prettier longer.
321 will not crack faster infact it lasts longer unless 2 things. first 321 tends to be made in small lots and from time to time the mill will change the mix a bit and cause for it to be to hard and crack out..

just a note 304 will get very very plasitic like and 321 can handle much higher temps for longer periods of time..

that said These OBX headers are probably the same as GSF and the scnhell units. I think with some good info backing my thoughts that all 3 brands are made in the same place

Current project 73 914-6 Gt project rusteration 2.4
Reproduction 914-6 oil tanks, 1-5/8" 914-6 heat exchangers source call 2623647426 or email mbconsulting21 @gmail.com
Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)