View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Porschefile
You get what you pay for, though there is a certain point where IMO it becomes a bit unreasonable. I was lucky enough to have Marco Manzie / Billet Design headers on my car when I bought it, and I've heard people have paid ~$3-4k for these headers. Honestly, they are probably worth between $1-2k. Excellent quality yes, but how much extra are you really willing to pay just because of the badge on the hood? Not all of us are made of money. I've seen headers for other non-Porsche cars that are of the same or better quality and contain the same or better metals for far cheaper than $4k. Apples to oranges of course, and the rules of supply vs. demand apply. However, if I had to buy another set of headers I think I'd personally go with GSF ones as they appear to be decent quality at a reasonable price. You get what you pay for, though you don't always get "more" when you pay more .
The Manzie headers, and other similar systems are specially fab for the intended use, there are many variables here, one been that they are (for the most time) equal length (labor intensive),quality of the collectors (Burn's,etc) play a role here, bottom line, quality materials are expensive, all this together make a big difference for an excellent system not only in built quality but most important Performance, I think that definitly you get what you pay for, looks are one thing, performance is another, but when you put both together you will feel it!!!,Candy.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)