View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Candelaria
The Manzie headers, and other similar systems are specially fab for the intended use, there are many variables here, one been that they are (for the most time) equal length (labor intensive),quality of the collectors (Burn's,etc) play a role here, bottom line, quality materials are expensive, all this together make a big difference for an excellent system not only in built quality but most important Performance, I think that definitly you get what you pay for, looks are one thing, performance is another, but when you put both together you will feel it!!!,Candy.
Yes, that's understandable and it completely makes sense that custom made parts can and normally will cost more. However $4k is ridiculous IMO. Here's an example to prove my point: Full Race This is an apples to oranges comparison but, you get the idea. I can find examples of this kind of stuff all day. That's higher quality, robotically TIG welded, designed with expensive CAD and CFD software (that costs much more than any of these manifolds). There is no reason we cannot have the same quality stuff built for comparable prices. I don't know about some of you guys but, I want my money's worth. I'm not paying more for something than is necessary simply because it's a smaller market and retailers think they can. There are any number of local shops that are excellent at fabrication and header design and that could easily replicate my Billet Design headers for ~$2k. It's the same story with intercoolers and other parts for our cars. Why buy a $2k+ IC when it's only ~$500 in parts with a reputable retailer/tuner name stamped on it?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)