View Single Post

Hello and wellcome to PP!

Now few hints:

It is very very common to see newcomers with impressive build sheets. You need to think trough it a bit.

If your goal is high HP, I suggest ditching the 3.3 alltogether and building on 3.6 instead. Trust me, required amount of work/money to raise 3.3L to 700hp-ish is much greater than work to do the same on 3.6L.

3.6L N/A already has twin plugged heads that flow well + greater volume to boot (to help low-range torque). Further on, VNT turbochargers that can survive gasoline temperatures are very very scarce. Only modern example I know of is the pair that sits on 997 Turbo. I suggest going for ordinary Garret BB's.

EFI is least of your problems, there at least five different types that can do what you want. Heck, even a MegaSquirt will do it.

Autronic, Haltech, SDS, Nira, MTE, Electromotive...you name it. They all do that stuff...opening ans closing injectors, firing plugs and controlling the boost. It's just a matter of finding one that your dyno shop is used to.

To conclude:

If you want big power (500+), building on 3.3 engine is not cost-effective. 3.6 gives much more headroom than 3.3. Saying "but I already have a 3.3, shouldn't I use it?" is fooling yourself. Build check for such power will be much greater than cost of core-engine itself. It's better to sell the 3.3 alltogether and buy 3.6 than shelling out 3x engines worth to change parts 3.3 that cannot be used.

Good luck!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)