View Single Post

Thanks for starting this thread 935turbo! It is of special interest to me since I am going through a similar exercise here in North Carolina. My build sheet is not quite that impressive though.

Great advice too. I was considering the new engine option but ultimately decided to build on the one that I had (3.4).

The one thing that my local engine builder (with 28 years of Porsche engine building experience) mentioned regarding my hp goals and mod choices, was that with pump gas (93 octane where I live) we are pretty much limited to ~ 530-550 rwhp. Desiring any more would necessitate usage of race gas, which would be very expensive for daily use. I made my choices for mods with that goal in mind.

Any comments from more experienced members regarding above would be appreciated.

I am guessing in Paris you would be getting 98 octane gas so you are probably a bit better off than us here in the US.

Regarding the EFI system, since I had seen other people here going with Motec M600, I inquired about that but was adviced that it would be overkill and therefore went with M48 instead. I did not mind since I am positively limited by my budget.

1989 930 - 3.5l - M48 - G64/51
Old 01-19-2007, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)