Thread: No Heat
View Single Post

Garage
I ended up putting in a new switch as my switched failed outright after a few months of it being rewired (I guess it was on it's last legs). The switch itself is about $0.10!!! They are called Snap action switches, and the part number is on the actual switch. You being in the US, you most likely have better access to these things than I did. It took me a few weeks to find a source in Canada that had them locally (i can't remember the P/N but if you want I can find it).

In the thread I posted, there is a section I followed that helped me troubleshoot to that level of the switch. These things fail rather frequently, so if you pull off your center console heater unit, you can check it right away. While it is apart, check the continuity of the switch pinouts with the switch activated and deactivated.. that should tell you right away if it is good or not.

Be careful when you remove the console, you must disconnect the temp. sensors inside, as well as the arm with ball sockets on the ends (one ties to teh servo motor, and the other to the actuator whch opens/closes the heater boxes). Take your time... once you get used to it, you can probably do this in 20 mins or so.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 01-19-2007, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)