View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig911
Keep in mind the above came from Stephen - who has more experience with this stuff than most of us - combined.

I'd venture to say that the OBX would be far, far safer on an normally aspirated engine than a turbocharged engine - especially so when compared to a turbo which sees track time.

The headers go through absolute hell - and ANY malfunction of a weld in the exhaust path may result in weld ***** coming loose, which almost always means certain damage to a turbo.

Ask me how I know....

The "right tool for the job" comes to mind...
yes he does on porsche but not so in metals/fabrication.. You forget or maybe don't know stainless is my business(My business/ and also what I teach at the local college) so its in my best interest to understand it.. .. Typically all metal/weld failures are at point of manufacturer as the HAZ is effected from total heat and introduction of oxygen to the weld pool.. If there is a bunch ogf goobers in side then it stands to reason no good..

I guess my point really is that I don't think the B&B is the pinical of design nor quality.. not thats its terible I just don't believe it is that much better then the other options and in this case maybe the OBX is not that much less in final qaulity??? we will see over time I guess..

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 01-20-2007, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)