View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I will grant you that I'm not a SS master ( Ben will tell you that ), but I've welded up a few sets of headers and I've used aftermarket expensive collectors that alone have costed more than these headers in mild steel. So I won't be shocked if I'm not fully impressed. I'm going with 993TT HE's on my turbo and Ben has these in his hands. Yes the SS has held up well and yes the welds look "good" but not stunning. NO they are NOT some superior design and the collectors and primary connection look no better than a set of BlackJack headers I would have bought in highshool for my Mustang. Less than impressive but still able to support 500hp.

Now, this says nothing for OBX but just the fact that some big name brands, this case Porsche, cut costs and quality. We know that Porsche knows these were compromises and they still did it. I hate the fact that the Chineese can out price us even in our aftermarket performance world. It has been happening in the domestic race scene for a few years. Everyone said Eagle $ucked and no self respecting drag racer would choose these parts over US parts. Well, you can't open a domestic magazine without finding a buildup using parts from China.

I don't have any in my "Race" engine, but I woudn't hesitate on something more docile. They just aren't making anything at that level yet....give em 5 years.

Porschefile....I'm in your camp $ per value should partially correlate. Obviously for undersize main bearings we'll never see parity, but a custom intercooler shouldn't be highway robbery.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)