View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
Just got the OBX's.

Are they stunning: nothing special beyond the superficial polish. They are true mandrel bends with no pinching, ratchet marks or dimples. Certainly no attempt to get equal length made.

Do the welds on my "individual" set look reasonable: yes, nice stacked dimes and good penetration. No bubble gum or oxidation notable.

Flange and flange welds and die grinder work: nice, actual signs of quality fitment and clean up inside of pipes by hand.
Flanges: fixed

Collectors: Here is where they, as many low cost ones, fail in design. Execution of the collector design is not bad, just simple and lack ideal design. There are no open edges or areas of void where the pipes merge, but some distortion and possible reduced cross section as they enter the collector. Primaries to collector do have some voids that will likely disturb flow and may be vulnerable in a boosted application, though these are NA specific headers.

Overall: Better than dollars spent if compared to what you might get elsewhere.

For about the same price as mild steel Bush headers, I don't feel cheated of my $375.

Last edited by Lukesportsman; 01-23-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Old 01-23-2007, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)