View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Quote:
Originally posted by h20cooled7
if im correct i think the 934and 935s used this trans flipped over to decrease the halfshaft angles with a oil pump on them.
Both 934's and 935's had up right turbo 4speed boxes.. the later 935's had flipped boxes and many of the earlier 935s had the flipped box modification done later for better axle geometry..935's used a ti axle with a rubber guibo coupling in the center of the axle and 934's used the standard axle like the road cars.. as a matter of fact 934's had to resemble the road cars down to the electric windows and cig lighter... that is why they had water intercoolers... like a 76/77 turbo no room for an air to air cooler under that stock deck lid.

my street turbo was geared for 145 MPH.. to me that was plenty . Car was much more responsive. Could probably keep your stock first and change the top three gears. 915 box could be risky even with a stock turbo motor.. it's the Tq when that sucker gets on boost.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)