Thread: 930 vs 993
View Single Post

My friend has a beautiful, super low mileage, mint, bone stock 97 C2S. I compare them as follows:

C2S = a very nice, comfotable, refined car that is easy to drive and is quick enough to put some scare into you.

930= a scarey machine that rides just civilized enough to be used as a normal driver.

My moderately tuned 930 isn't SO MUCH faster, but it is the delivery of that power that really makes the experience different. Also the absence of traction control, anti-lock brakes, and other computerized vehicle controls make the 930 a much more intense driving experience. In the 930 good driving is rewarding and bad driving is ...well..you might not be posting about, it if you get my drift

I think it is all about personal tastes, if you enjoy and really nice, well appointed, sweet ride that still performs the 993 is for you. If you want raw driving experience the 930 is for you.

With me and my friend, we both made the right choice. I bet most people we know aren't surprised with the cars we chose. I would suspect it would follow suit for most 993/930 owners. Different strokes for different folks. While I would enjoy his 993 for awhile, I would be bored soon enough... and likewise he would quickly become disatisfied with my cars lack of manners and refinement.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 01-27-2007, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)