View Single Post

I checked my relays yesterday, I have a red one in the engine bay, and all black under the hood. I swapped out the red one for a black one, and got a slight sputter, a little smoke from the tailpipes, but no susteined firing. Interestingly, I got the same result with no relay at all in the engine bay slot. And I never did hear the fuel pump(s) buzzing.

So, I'm going to order a yellow and a red relay, and hope that this solves the problem. Unless anyone thinks that I may have a primary fuel pump problem. Any thoughts? Thanks!

One other thought- if the more sophisticated yellow relay is so important for engine protection in the turbo motor, is this something that future potential buyers should know about in evaluating a possible purchase? Will a non-yellow relay in the engine bay carry a higher risk of motor damage? Perhaps that might be more true w/ a car that's been tracked, rather than just street driven.
former Tony//Kart shifterkart owner
Old 01-28-2007, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)