View Single Post
one of the great unwashed

I believe the subject of BOV's and backpressure is certainly interesting, which we should continue as long as Merv doesn't mind the hijack.

My situation is a bit different than the 930 or other higher pressure ratio setup. I have a SC, CIS with an old BAE kit, Rajay T04B. My turbo needs a rebuild anyway, and I'm still shaking the installation out. I have enough rubber and tubing in my system to absorb the pulses, and have been toying with the idea of a bypass back to the inlet side of the compressor for the lift-the-throttle conditions described above. I have something of a modified throttle positioner which came with the CIS, which was evidently an emissions thing to keep the throttle open momentarily, but works pretty well to avoid the pulses...turbo has spooled down by the time the throttle closes.

However, I'm scrapping that throttle positioner when I put in the new IA fuel head and Brian Leask WUR, hence the bypass idea. My concern at my pressure ratio is not blowing anything up, but how can I take advantage of the "pressure pulses" to get spooled up again faster during a shift?

I haven't fully thought this out yet, and I'm open to suggestions and further dialogue.

Pat
01 Boxster
RIP, Early_S_Man & RoninLB
Old 01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)