View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Lukesportsman
David,

I appreciate the answer from the other thread. BUT, do you know of any formula for thickness to flow? Is there a calculation or was this just an educated gut decision as to 4.5 whopping inches? What are your efficiencies and temperature drops?

Do you feel a (front/back) short runner full bay thicker core is going to be the best choice. This would reduce pressure drop, maximize "first" inches of heat transfer, and minimize unnecessary volume. Am I following your thoughts fairly accurately?
I haven't done any calculations on the thickness. The decision was just an educated guess with a few outside recommendations.

I built my intercooler with a front to back design because I feel it's the better design. I've wired my ECU for intercooler inlet and outlet temps but I haven't installed the inlet temp sensor yet. I doubt any one person here will run through the different designs to get good efficiency data, but maybe a few of us can post the data for our intercoolers so we can come to some consensus.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)