View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by JMA-RUF
Luke, I'm planning to cut up a set of off-the-shelf 930 turbo headers so I can fit a T4 turbo to it, so that's the reason why I want a 2->1 merge collector with T4 flange to replace the T3 one on the 930 headers.

There is no way in hell I'm paying USD$2k for all new merge collectors. I'd rather have a custom set of 1 5/8" headers built locally for that price

I understand now.......you can also try Woolf Aircraft. Woolf actually supplies Burns with all their material, and produces off the shelf collectors too. http://www.woolfaircraft.com/ ALOT cheaper than Burns.

I've tig'd up headers before to accept T4 turbine flanges. Nothing as fancy as Burns, but get the job done efficiently. I should have made a jig for that setup. Shouldda wouldda couldda as they say If you're handy with a tig, or even mig, it's actually not all that hard to do yourself. I believe Woolf even sells pre-swagged mandrels so that you can make a factory slip joint style collector that will seal positive and expand with head so it doesn't stress and crack over the thermal cycles Fun stuff...
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)