View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by JMA-RUF
OK, I just did and it recommends a T60-1 Fullsize, STG V, 0.68 A/R.

What the heck is a STG V? Is that some sort of T3 housing/turbine?

It says this turbo will support up to 450HP, which leaves me a little head room I guess
You definitely don't want a stage 5 (T350) turbine. That's overkill if you only want 400-450fwhp, and it will just cause unnecessary lag. A .68 a/r should be just fine for what you are looking for, and it will still easily make over 400whp. I'm running a T4 .81 exhaust 60-1 and at 1bar I made 431whp.

A Gt3076r (gt30r) with a .82 exhaust or possibly a slightly larger exhaust housing would be extremely responsive on a 3.2l. I wouldn't go any smaller than a .82 (well the divided .78 is close enough) as it's unnecessary with a 3.2l. You'd have 1bar of boost before 3000rpm. IMO, a T3 hotside is a bit restrictive considering the displacement of most of our motors (usually 3.2-3.6l). I'd just do a T4 but, that's me. There's nothing wrong with doing whatever works though.

Precision's SC series turbos are worth considering: Link Lots of custom stuff isn't listed but, I believe many of them have ball bearing options and you can choose T4 hotsides. Anyways, these SC turbos are usually ~$850 new and are excellent quality. I believe someone on this board is using one. Sounds like you'd probably want one like the Sc34 or Sc44.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)