View Single Post

hehe, you're right, I'm a pretty avid Protomotive fan and have a lot of respect for what Todd does. He's educated me so much during my journey to forced induction heaven. Of course there is more than one way to skin a cat, but for simplicity sake, I think the Protomotive solution is best for aftermarket conversions

What James is wanting to do is certainly treading into new territory (on this Forum anyway) as I don't think anyone here has gone down this route (i.e: the 95mm P&C's + C2T gaskets).

In my build, I just went straight from stock 3.2 (0.7bar) to 97mm Turbo P&C's & GT2 CAMs.

My advice would be, if you are looking at running more than 0.7-0.85bar later on, cut your losses and go with forged turbo pistons now, otherwise you'll have to tear it down again and fit them later anyway.

Options are:

- forged 95mm JE turbo pistons (7.5 - 8.0:1) in your existing cylinders
- bore your cylinders to 98mm, replate in Nikasil & get 98mm JE's
- get some 930 turbo 97mm P&C's and slip those in.

You can improve piston cooling by running larger 2mm piston splash valves, but that requires a complete engine teardown and splitting the case

At the end of the day, it depends on how much power & drivability you want and how deep your pockets are
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition
Old 02-01-2007, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)