View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry_Ratcliff
New project rolling feedback welcome

Hi all,

I am starting to put together the parts for a turbo conversion of my 74 911. I have had a 3.6 installed for nearly a year and I am ready to add some additional HP. I am not going to turbo charge the 3.6 as it is a 23K mile engine so I am just going to put it into my 67.

My chasis is very capable. I already have turbo flares, turbo brakes, coil over suspension on and on.

I have just started accumulating the parts. I purchased a complete 3.3 turbo induction system and a HALTECH EFI engine management system.

My thought is to build a 3.4 EFI turbo engine out of a 3.2 carrera engine.

Ideally I would keep the intercooler under the tail that I already have on my car. However, if that is not possible then I will replace the tail as well.

I am hoping for advice on which exhaust to use. I am also looking for any advice on the intercooler. I have the 3.3 factory intercooler but it wont clear my tail so I will probably just sell it along with any of the other parts I dont need.

Here is a pic of the back end of my car so that you can see my delima:

It is my opinion that my current tail fits the look of the car the best but I could change it in the spirit of HP. I would only chage it for significant gainst though.

I look forward to your thoughts/opinions.

Thanks,
Larry Ratcliff
Old 02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)