View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry_Ratcliff
Thanks for the compliments. I had it fully restored at Patrick Motorsports in Phoenix, Az. .

I had thought of moving the intercooler up under the package tray and putting a couple of electric puller fans under the intercooler with a custom shroud... So pretty close to what you are talking about Jim2.

I also saw an incredible 74 narrow body car that managed to put a massive intercooler under a duck tail. I just did not know how efficient it would be to do it. Hoping to get some insight into that. In total laymans terms I look at an intercoler as a radiator for boost ... the more air you push past the fins the cooler the air will be that you are pushing into your cylinders. The cooler the air is the more dense it will be thus more squeeze on the compresssion stroke thus more explosion on the ignite stroke. The other thing that I am figuring is that the cooler the intake air the less heat you introduce into the intake charge thus the less chance of preignition.

I am very green to this as I have never boosted anything before so if I botched that .... sorry.. I have been a gear head / racer for about 23 years so I dont think I am that far off base. I am suprised it has taken me this long to get all this HP the easy way
Old 02-03-2007, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)