View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by 930LDR
hey whats the small red button and red light on your center console?
The bottom switch turns the nos on and off. The top button purges the lines.

Quote:
Originally posted by 930LDR
nice work by the way on the carpet. What did you use to pull the molded stuff out?
I just pulled it out, in pieces. It was relatively easy.

I have no way to know for sure, but I think that I dropped pretty close to 10-15 lbs. by removing the factory carpet and the molded rear seats. The stuff I put back in was very lightweight and couldn't weigh but a pound. The 1/2 gallon of contact cement was the heaviest thing that went back into the job.

Just a heads-up in case you don't already know, but there is a main feed from the battery that is routed right behind this wall. I drilled a hole through the wall and drilled right into it. The drill bit hit the power cable and all hell broke loose. I immediately jerked the drill out but in my haste I broke the bit, leaving half of my bit stuck into the live hot wire. The rest of the bit of course was grounding out against the metal of the car. Smoke and sparks going everywhere! Made for an interesting 30 seconds.

At first I had no idea what I had hit and it was impossible to see anything from underneath the car. I wound up chiseling a 6" X 6" hole through the metal wall to find out what had happened. Anyway, keep it in mind if you decide to mount anything against that wall.

2006 - M5 BMW - (daily Driver)
2006 - F250 turbo diesel
Old 02-03-2007, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)