View Single Post

Trouble Realigning Transmission During Reinstall

Well, I've got firsthand experience today removing the side shifter transmission from my 914. I'm now in the process of intalling a rebuilt one, but having some trouble realigning the transmission with the engine.

I've got the car on jackstands so the tail is up in the air, a jack at the rear of the engine and a jack under the transmission. I've got the two lower mounting bolts from the engine case inserted into the two lower holes on the transmission case. And I checked the alignment of the upper right mounting bolt inserted into the transmission case, with the engine case. Looks fine. But someting seems to be hung up when I try to push the transmission to fully mate with the engine case. Any tips? I've been varying the height of the engine a bit, by raising and lowering the jack that's supporting it. Maybe I just need to find the right combination between the two supporting jacks to line things up?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)