View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry_Ratcliff
Ok I am getting fairly sold on the idea of using a 3.6. I am even considering using the 3.6 that is already in my car now. The engine that is in my car is a 3.6 out of a 96 993 but has the 95 plastic intake. Can the plastic intake be boosted?

At first I was going to build a turbo engine for the 74 then put this engine in my 67. However, based on the research I have been doing I can see that this is not going to be a nominal endeavour financially so I am thinking to sell my 67 to pay for it.

Due to the level of rebuilding that is going to have to take place I still be better off to sell my 23K mile engine with the SSI's and sport muffler that is all set up for an early car installation and buy the 964 engine. I am just thinking that I could pick up a 964 engine for around 5500 - 6K where as I gave 12K for the 993 engine + a boat load for the SSI's for a 3.6 + almost a grand for the muffler

On the other hand the 96 engine has the big ports etc... I could buy a set of 3.8 turbo P&C, carillo rods and boost away if the plastic intake will take it.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)