Thread: turbo swap
View Single Post

Yup, it's a water cooled turbo, but can be run oil cooled only. Leave the water jackets open. Make sure you exercise proper cool-down procedure before shutting off. It'll live.

If you track your car, then run oil through the water jacket too. Just a bit of added insurance.

Our motors idle/run at less oil pressure than Japenese cars, so you don't really need an oil restrictor. Just run a -4AN oil feed, unrestricted. Mine works perfectly. My turbo would tell me if it's getting TOO much oil

I was told by the Garrett distributor that an idle pressure less than 2bar WITH a restrictor will starve the turbo of oil and lead to premature failure. They advised not to run a restrictor. Hope this helps.
Protomotive MAP ECU, Twin Plugged Heads, GT2-EVO CAMs, 3.3L fully finned P&C's, ARP fasteners, C2T head gaskets, Titanium Retainers, Turbo spec valves, springs & guides, 964 splash valves, GT35R BB turbo, GSF Stainless Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Full bay Intercooler, TiAL 46mm w/gate, TiAL 50mm BOV, Apexi AVC-R EBC, SPEC Stage3+ Clutch kit, Crane CDI Ignition

Last edited by WydRyd; 02-06-2007 at 01:16 PM..
Old 02-06-2007, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)